ln ksh /bin/sh (was: second disk partitions on UNIXPC)

robert.w.sanderman rs at cbnewsm.ATT.COM
Fri Dec 8 23:34:57 AEST 1989

In article <12086 at cbnews.ATT.COM>, res at cbnews.ATT.COM (Robert E. Stampfli) writes:
> If anyone actually has an example of ksh breaking a command, etc, I would
> really like to hear about it.  Please send me the particulars so I can try
> it on my system.

We had someone copy ksh over /bin/sh on a 3B2 on which I was trying to install
Starlan.  The sysadm command uses /bin/sh to process the install script
and the one for Starlan definitely needs it.  Using /bin/ksh caused it to
look like it installed correctly but Starlan never worked.  It took
the better part of a week before we tracked down the problem.  I got real
good at loading floppies however (11 in the set) :-)

Bob Sanderman