'who' problem with HDB(?)

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.islp.ny.us
Sat Dec 2 02:30:29 AEST 1989

In article <1373 at lakesys.lakesys.com> tom at lakesys.UUCP (Tom Baas) writes:
|>I just install HDB uucp on my unix pc.  Today I noticed that when I issued
|>the  who  command it told me that a system had delivered mail a while back
|>and had already hung up was still logged on.(It still is supposedly logged on)
|>Is this a fault with the way I set up my files or (?)
|>
|>Any Ideas?

This was a bug with /etc/init.   It's currently going to appear on that
"infamous" fixdisk to be released.  It appears that there was a race-condition
with the /etc/utmp file, it appears to be fixed (I've been running it for
quite some time) because I used to have the problem more than once a day :-(

-Lenny
--
| Lenny Tropiano            ICUS Software Systems      [w] +1 (516) 589-7930 |
| lenny at icus.islp.ny.us     Telex; 154232428 ICUS      [h] +1 (516) 968-8576 |