second disk partitions on UNIXPC

andrew.d.hay mvadh at cbnews.ATT.COM
Wed Dec 6 22:39:14 AEST 1989

In article <1049 at icus.islp.ny.us> lenny at icus.islp.ny.us (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
[]
"In any case, I do have /tmp mounted, and have found the problems that
"exist.  Like John said, most of them are things that exploit that point
"that "ln" works faster than "mv" but never take into account that you
"_might_ have more than one partition and you can't ln across filesystems.
"
"The best solution to this is to "hand-Install" your programs.  Or at
"the very least fix the "Install" script found on the installtion disks
"and then re-cpio it up to be installed through the UA.
"
"Of course you could umount /tmp when you are doing Software Installations.

what if you make ksh the standard SHELL for install, and make a .kshrc
file with alias -x ln=mv ?

--
42 Authority		|	  Zaphod Beeblebrox is now appearing in	       |