zoo for 3b1

julian macassey julian at bongo.UUCP
Sun Dec 10 16:08:47 AEST 1989

For those of us who have to put up with the tyranny of MS-DOS, we
also have to live with the alphabet soup of MS-DOS compression
utilities. One of the utilities is zoo. It is no better or worse
than arc in my opinion, but if the file is compressed with zoo,
it seems you have to uncompress it with zoo.

	I have got hold of the "Unix" source for zoo, complete with
notes about VMS (what dat?) and mentions of Cray 1 machines. I
have compiled this and also compiled "fix" which is a utility to
recover files from corrupted .zoo files. I have tested this zoo
by compressing files on my 3b1 and uncompressing in MS-DOS and
vice versa.

	Here's the deal:

	I am offering 5.25 floppies with either:

a: zoo source (this is .arc compressed - yes pkxarc is on disk)

b: zoo, fix and fix.1.Z man page.

Both these disks are UNIX 3b1 10 track disks.

To get either disk you should send:

1.	A floppy mailer with return postage, and your address.

2. 	A disk if you want one of the above, 2 if you want both

3.	A note telling me what You want (Yes, I get disks with no notes)

My address is:

Julian Macassey
742 1/2 North Hayworth Avenue
Hollywood
California 90046-7142

Yours
--
Julian Macassey, n6are  julian at bongo.info.com  {ucla-an!denwa!bongo!julian
N6ARE at K6IYK (Packet Radio) n6are.ampr.org [44.16.0.81] voice (213) 653-4495