The STORE is dead

Karl Botts kdb at chinet.chi.il.us
Mon Dec 4 21:08:04 AEST 1989

THE STORE is dead.  I finally got the name of the catalog file, and
fetched it; here it is:

>         The STORE! has closed.
>         No existing packages are available via
>         this mechanism as of 12/1/89 nor will
>         any new packages be added.
>
>         Some of the packages previously supplied
>         by THE STORE! will be posted to netnews
>         in unix-pc.sources.  The determination
>         concerning posting will be made on a package
>         by package basis.
>
>         Thank-you

So much for that.  The question becomes, how else can we get the software?
The main thing I need is HDB uucp.  'course, I would like cfront, but I can
understand that AT&T might not want it being passed around.  But what is
the point of keeping HDB under wraps?  I know many of the readers of this
newsgroup are AT&T emplyees/consultants or otherwise have perhaps a little
clout; would one of you be so good as to update general status of
AT&T-orignating software for the 3b1?

The other questions in my previous message remain open, especially, is there
anyone who has gotten a TB to work in FAST mode with old uucp?