MS Word vs. Smart WP

Jim Gottlieb jimmy at denwa.uucp
Tue Feb 28 09:02:40 AEST 1989

I'm trying to decide whether to have the User Agent-types here use
Microsoft Word or the Smart Word Processor.

Advantages for Smart are:
	It's a still-evolving product whereas MS Word and the other
	word processing programs available are circa 1985.

	It has support for the HP LaserJet.

	We use Smart for database and spreadsheet already and the
	integration might come in handy.

On the other hand, some people have mentioned on here that they didn't
like it.  I'd like to ask what is specifically wrong with it and if
anyone can recommend something better.

I'm looking mostly at MS Word and Smart because we already own both of
these, but other possibilities include Fenix (a WordStar 4.0 clone),
and WordStar2000.  WordPerfect Corp. says they have no plans to
introduce a version for the 3B1.

Thanks for your time...
--
                              Jim Gottlieb