Phone MGR Database

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.islp.ny.us
Sat Feb 11 17:44:07 AEST 1989

In article <7666 at ihlpf.ATT.COM> gmark at ihlpf.ATT.COM (Stewart) writes:

|>Does anyone out there know how to interface with the phone manager
|>database without having to go through the window interface?
|>I just want to convert a large phone directory database and store
|>it on the 3B1 without having to type in each entry manually.
|>What are the names of the programs I might invoke directly from
|>the shell?  Or has someone had to write their own?

If you want your .phdir in some "text readable" format, the Phone Manager
already provides an interface for this.  Press the <CMD> key while in the
Call Screen or Directory Screen.   Select "Export Directory" and then
type a filename you wish to place the text output of your directory in.
Note that the Suffix ":Ad" will be placed at the end of the filename.

>From /usr/lib/ua/Suffixes

		Name=Text Phone Directory
		Suffix=:Ad
		Description=*Text Phone Directory
		Default=Open
		Open=EXEC -w $EDIT %o
		Create=ERROR

The format is crude, but sure beats typing in the already entered
phone entries for some program.  You probably could whip up some format
program (maybe awk script) to put it in a better format.

This should help ... if that's what you're looking for.

-Lenny
--
Lenny Tropiano             ICUS Software Systems         [w] +1 (516) 582-5525
lenny at icus.islp.ny.us      Telex; 154232428 ICUS         [h] +1 (516) 968-8576