Question about windows and processor time (3b1)

j eric townsend erict at flatline.UUCP
Mon Feb 20 20:38:56 AEST 1989

Here's the test:

Run a lot of stuff on your system at once, say an expire and a big make
(pcomm or elm work well).
Set up 4 or 5 windows to page through.
Using the new wmgr from THE STORE -- the one that lets you hot key through
the windows -- page through the windows at about one per second.

Does your hard drive *pause* while you go from one window to another?
Mine does.

I thought Unix was multitasking, etc etc.  I didn't think it would
have to stop HDU access just to change windows.  Am I missing something
vital>

--
J. Eric Townsend | "This is your brain. This is your brain on drugs.  This
 uunet!sugar!flatline!erict | is your brain on drugs with spam and toast."