From blocks to files (on a UNIXpc)

Brant Cheikes brant at manta.pha.pa.us
Tue Feb 14 05:24:45 AEST 1989

In article <1398 at mtunb.ATT.COM> jcm at mtunb.UUCP (was-John McMillan)
writes [re a program to find inodes from blocks]:
>There USED to be a program that did this:
>	icheck  -b  #B#  ...  #B#  FileSystem
>		-- produced a list of INODES which "Owned" those blocks.

The extended features of icheck (superblock repair and miscellaneous
consistency checks) are no longer necessary, since they were
incorporated into fsck.  However, I have written a utility called "bf"
that will perform the above-described icheck function---find the
inodes that "own" specified blocks.  Bf has been tested on a 3b1
(SVR2) only, and probably makes assumptions about the filesystem
structure.  Bf was just posted to unix-pc.sources, and e-mail copies
(it's short) are available upon request.
--
Brant Cheikes
University of Pennsylvania, Department of Computer and Information Science