Someone who has one of the new UNIX PCs with NO LEFT FAN GRATE

John B. Milton jbm at uncle.UUCP
Fri Feb 3 18:15:33 AEST 1989

Hey folks,

Sorry about the u3b posting, but a lot of you 3b2 folks have UNIXpcs too.

Hmm. Well. It would be nice if this board I'm working on would FIT in all
UNIXpcs, don't you? There are a very few UNIXpcs out there that have cases
MOLDED with no left fan grate. According to the Reference manual this is how
all the international machines are configured. I know there are some late model
3b1s that have this kind of case. This new case was part of the upgrade to P6.
Part of what they were doing was to extend the part of case where the serial
and parallel ports are over so there would be room for another connector. This
means on these cases the area above that is not 3" x 3", but about 3" x 2.5"
Once could see how this might affect my design, just a little, since this is
where I plan to put my board.

If any of you out there have one of these, please take acurate measurments
inside and out and e-mail them to me please.

Thanks,
John
John Bly Milton IV, jbm at uncle.UUCP, n8emr!uncle!jbm at osu-cis.cis.ohio-state.edu
(614) h:294-4823, w:764-2933;  Got any good 74LS503 circuits?