Sendmail source for the 3B1/7300 now available!

David H. Brierley dave at galaxia.Newport.RI.US
Thu Feb 16 14:04:20 AEST 1989

At long last I have pulled my head out of the sand long enough to put
together a distribution of the sendmail source for the 3B1 and the 7300.
Now the question is, what should I do with it?  Obviously I can allow
people to dial in to my machine and pick up the files using uucp, and in
fact I am going to do that (see below).  Another thought that occurred to
me is that maybe I should post it to unix-pc.sources.  The total source,
*without* all of the documentation files, is about 350K.  This would give
about a five or six part posting (smaller than the recently posted pcomm).
I am inclined to say go ahead and post it since many people will find it
useful but I thought I would take a poll first.  If you would like to have
a copy of the source, please send me mail.  If enough people respond then
I will post the source.  I will NOT be posting the documentation files
since they are larger than the source.  I will also NOT be posting the
zillion sample config files that come with the stock Berkeley distribution,
especially since most of them will not work on this machine.  I will post
a copy of the config file that was supplied with the smail 2.5 distribution
since that works better than most of the other config files I have ever seen.
If you need a copy of the documentation, or a copy of all of the config files,
you can get them from any handy BSD site or you can dial in to my system
and download them for yourself.

If you dont want to wait for the results of the poll and want to dial in to
get the stuff now, here is the info:

System name:	galaxia
Phone:		401-849-1081
Login:		Upublic
Password:	1BedJXp4
Baud:		1200/2400
Hours:		24 hrs

The getty starts out at 1200 baud and switches to 2400 upon reciept of a
BREAK.  You may also need to send a carriage return before you get the
login prompt.  The following is a list of the files in contained in the
directory "~uucp/sendmail".

-r--r--r--  1 dave        44132 Feb 10 22:34 Part01.Z
-r--r--r--  1 dave        41679 Feb 10 22:34 Part02.Z
-r--r--r--  1 dave        41985 Feb 10 22:34 Part03.Z
-r--r--r--  1 dave        36555 Feb 10 22:34 Part04.Z
-r--r--r--  1 dave        58207 Feb 10 22:35 SSMAIL+IN.Z
-r--r--r--  1 dave        88567 Feb 10 22:34 rfc_shar.Z
-r--r--r--  1 dave         4358 Feb 10 22:35 sendmail.cf.Z
-r--r--r--  1 dave        72393 Feb 10 22:34 sendmail_doc.Z

The file SSMAIL+IN.Z is a copy of a 3B1 installation kit which contains
the sendmail binary, the smail binary, the sendmail.cf file, and an install
script which asks you a bunch of questions and then sets up all the files.
--
David H. Brierley
Home: dave at galaxia.Newport.RI.US   {rayssd,xanth,lazlo,jclyde}!galaxia!dave