PCOMM - Missing "pcomm.param" ????

Wolf Paul wnp at killer.DALLAS.TX.US
Sat Feb 25 04:30:00 AEST 1989

In article <412 at holin.ATT.COM> doc at holin.ATT.COM (David Mundhenk) writes:

>However, the problem that brought things to a halt was, when
>starting pcomm, it says "can't find pcomm.param" or something
>like that. The Doc says that pcomm.param is a necessary support
>file, but that's all I could find out about it.
>I created an empty pcomm.param, and it says "missing token at
>beginning of pcomm.param". I also tried putting some values in
>there, with the same result.

That file is present, it is called Pcomm.param (note capital P).
Same applies to the pcomm.modem and pcomm.dir files. They all
have a capital P in the distribution, and need to be moved to
the location given in config.h -- default /usr/local/bin, with
a lower case initial.

Wolf
UUCP:   killer!wnp                    ESL: 62832882
DOMAIN: wnp at killer.dallas.tx.us       TLX: 910-380-0585 EES PLANO UD