Looking for BSD equivalent lib functions.

Mike Thompson mike at mfgfoc.uucp
Fri Feb 3 05:56:42 AEST 1989

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have a good collection of BSD equivalent functions which are
not found in System V 3.51 supplied with the Unix PC.  I am talking about
functions like dup2(), ftruncate(), mkdir(), rmdir() and other such BSD
goodies which would make porting software to the 3B1 easier.  I ask because
I was recently trying to get GNU tar to compile on my 3B1 and the above
BSD related functions are needed.  I am currently working on a 3B1 version
of libndir.a and will be willing to share it once I get it finished.

Apparently the newer versions of System V libraries include many more BSD
equivalent functions since gnu tar will supposedly compile on them.

If publicly available BSD equivalent functions do not already exist,
perhaps some other people would be willing to help me write a set.  We could
then put them in a library file which would make porting many sources which
come over the net easier to port to the 3B1/7300 environment.

Thanks,

Mike

PS.  It may take me a while to respond to replies to this request since
I am going on vacation for a week.