no wmgr for UNIX-PC

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.islp.ny.us
Thu Feb 23 13:48:24 AEST 1989

In article <383 at arnold.UUCP> dave at arnold.UUCP (Dave Arnold) writes:
|>If somebody would tell me what the filename of the new wmgr program
|>available from THE STORE! is, I will post it if there is enough
|>interest.

It's been a while since I looked at the CATALOG, and since I don't have
it loaded on right now, this is from memory ...

$ uucp -m shop!/store/STOREROOM/WMGR+IN !~/STORE/

|>I wrote my own, but mine lost the print-screen feature.

Hmm, that's not that hard.  You can call the screen print program that
the window manager calls.  It's /usr/bin/sprint.  Just fork and exec it when
the s-Print button is pressed.  That can be trapped by the process if you
set up the window as a "window manager window".  To do that, you need
to execute the following ioctl.

	ioctl(wd,WIOCSYS,SYSWMGR);	/* declare to be system window */

The keys that are trapped and sent to that given system window are
described in the window(7) manual pages.  Both WIOCSYS and SYSWMGR
are defined in /usr/include/sys/window.h:

#define WIOCSYS		(WIOC|10)	/* set system window slot	*/
#define SYSWMGR		0	/* window manager	*/

There are also defines for a "Telephone Manager" and "Status Manager"

#define SYSPMGR		1	/* telephony manager	*/
#define SYSSMGR		2	/* status mgr		*/

... Maybe someday I'll finish my unfinished window-manager replacement.
It was a good lesson in windows/tam and some other obscure UNIX pc
functions.   It's about 65% finished ...

-Lenny
--
Lenny Tropiano             ICUS Software Systems         [w] +1 (516) 582-5525
lenny at icus.islp.ny.us      Telex; 154232428 ICUS         [h] +1 (516) 968-8576