Help on a CTIX machine

Bruce Schlobohm bms at mitisft.Convergent.COM
Sat Feb 25 04:55:18 AEST 1989

In article <4271 at cbnews.ATT.COM>, mvadh at cbnews.ATT.COM (andrew.d.hay) writes:
> this discussion has caused me to wonder:
> can a ctix sVr3 port run on a 3b1?

CTIX 6.x is based on AT&T System V Release 3 (and higher).  Early on in the
6.0 development cycle, 6.0 was to be supported on the 3b1 (which was to be
sold by CT as the S/50 or S/51), miniframe, and the "mightyframe"
(now known as S/MT Series) machines.  Then somewhere along the
way, the decision was made to just work on the S/MT Series.  Since then,
we have removed many of the #ifdefs for the unixpc, and I'm quite sure
that the current release (CTIX 6.1) kernel will not run on a unixpc.
--
Bruce Schlobohm
bms at Convergent.COM -or- {pyramid,sri-unix,pacbell}!ctnews!bms