Backups at 115,200 baud through DOS-73 board

C M Votava cmv at ttrde.UUCP
Sun Feb 12 07:47:29 AEST 1989

Originally, Pete Fales tested this out, and told me about it, since then I
have verified it on my setup as well. The basic idea was to see if the
MS-DOS program "Brooklyn Bridge" would work between a DOS machine, and the
unix-pc's DOS-73 board. The answer is YES, it works fine!

For those of you that aren't familiar with "Brooklyn Bridge" (BB), it is
a program that will allows 2 PC's to share disk drives via the rs-232 ports
running at 115,200 baud. Here's a brief summary on how this is done. Connect
a null modem rs-232 cable to the serial ports of 2 seperate DOS machines,
and load the BB software on each of them. Choose which will be the slave,
and which will be the master. You run the "bridge" program on the slave,
and re-boot the master (making sure the config.sys file has the BB device
driver in it). When the master boots, the BB device driver will tack on
all of the available drives from the slave to the master. See the chart below
for an example:

		   Machines not running Brooklyn Bridge

	DOS machine 1				DOS machine 2