Minor bug in getty/gettydefs on 3B1/7300

Peter Fales pfales at ttrde.UUCP
Wed Feb 15 06:51:33 AEST 1989

I have discovered a minor bug involving getty on the 3b1.  I am running
3.51, though for all I know it may apply to other releases and other
UNIX(TM) based systems as well.

The /etc/gettydefs file as distributed has an entry called "19200."  So
I thought that all I had to do to run a terminal on tty000 at 19200 baud
was use this entry.  Wrong.  Getty does not understand the B19200 in
gettydefs, and sets the baud rate to zero.  The fix is simple - just
change both occurrences of B19200 in /etc/gettydefs to EXTA and all is well.
--
Peter Fales			AT&T, Room 2F-217
				200 Park Plaza