Internet on a UNIX-PC

Robert J. Granvin rjg at sialis.mn.org
Sun Feb 26 10:59:31 AEST 1989

>	I am currently trying to install a TCP/IP package called KA9Q.  It
>is supposed to work on system V machines, bsd machines, etc.  However, the
>only description of the installation procedure is for an IBM PC.  Doing the
>"obvious" stuff (various defines pertaining to slip protocol and system V
>installation) does not work; the machine locks up when the executable
>program is run.  If anyone has gotten this package to work, please post
>or e-mail me a message telling how to do it.

There is a version of ka9q that has been "tuned" to the 3b1.
Information was posted some time ago on how to retrieve it by
anonymous UUCP (I've since lost the info)-:

In any case, this question and others about ka9q has been posted
several times by several people, but it seems that answers aren't
forthcoming.  It's unfortunate, because the package could possibly be
useful to some people (it obviously must be, since some people put the
effort into it, and are using it).

What would it take to convince anyone who has successfully set up and
used the package to post even the most basic information on
configuration and usage?

--
       Robert J. Granvin
 National Information Services              Gorn base 2 just appeared.
       rjg at sialis.mn.org
{amdahl,hpda}!bungia!sialis!rjg