HELP ... with 7300 printer device

Clifford C. Skolnick ccs at lazlo.UUCP
Mon Jul 17 01:50:26 AEST 1989

In article <124 at UNIXPC.UUCP> tcamp at UNIXPC.UUCP (Ted Campbell) writes:
>The printer doesn't work.  When I 'cat' a file to /dev/rawlp,
>the first line of the file is printed, and a line feed (no CR)
>is given.  When I 'cat' a file to /dev/lp, six or seven random
>characters from the first line are printed, then a formfeed
>is issued.

This is what happens when my printer cable is loose.  You might want
to check out you cable and the connectors on both ends.  If that fails,
be sure to check to printer->computer handshaking signals.  Sounds like
your computer is not stopping when the printer is not ready.

				Cliff

--
 "I'd rather stay here with all the madmen, than perish with the sad man
 roaming free" -- David Bowie