Capctrl, Emacs, and Keyfix

Steve Simmons scs at itivax.iti.org
Mon Jul 31 12:03:26 AEST 1989

scs at lokkur.dexter.mi.us (Steve Simmons) writes:

>Well, emacs is here and running.  Capctrl is here and running.  I
>even successfully hacked /usr/include/sys/kdb.h so that control-grave
>works right.  But I still don't seem to get a meta key.  The capctrl
>source continually refers to keyfix, which I don't have.  Is this
>a required piece to actually 'enable' the meta key?

Once again I follow up my own posting...the emacs on linc assumes you
have no meta key (probably a safe assumption).  Adding the appropriate
line:
	(setq meta-flag t)
to my .emacs file fixed it.

For those looking at using emacs and capctrl:

Capctrl assumes you want to use the caps lock key as the control,
the left control key as capslock, and the right control key as meta.
I don't, and anyone whose spent four years getting used to the 7300
keyboard doesn't either.  If others express an interest, I'll post
a patch to leave capslock untouched and make the right control key
the meta key.
Steve Simmons		          scs at vax3.iti.org
Industrial Technology Institute     Ann Arbor, MI.
"Velveeta -- the Spam of Cheeses!" -- Uncle Bonsai