hard drive

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Fri Jul 28 17:05:58 AEST 1989

Frederit at Boulder.colorado.edu asks about DIP swttings on Miniscribe drives ...

Suggest you call Miniscribe in Longmont, CO  **ASAP**

Last I heard, Miniscribe is in the process of going belly-up; they just filed
for Chapter 11 in Federal Bankruptcy Court.  Their media (platter) supplier
was providing junk for the past several months (per the stories I've heard),
and Miniscribe drives are becoming VERY difficult to locate now.  I've just
tried to get some more 3085 and NO local dealer can get them.

I'm now looking at Microscience drives (re: 1/2 height, large capacity).

Thad Floryan [ thad at cup.portal.com (OR)  ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]