source for unix-pc tape drives found

Jan Isley jan at bagend.UUCP
Sun Jul 23 03:22:43 AEST 1989

I called Cipher a few days ago to order some spare parts.  They
confirmed that the model 525 floppy tape drive used by AT&T in
the unix-pc had been discontinued for over a year and although
they stocked spare parts, they did not have any drives in stock.
However, they knew of someone who did and would I like for them
to put me in touch with said company?

The next day I received a call from Russ Golish, president of
Hi-Tech Computer Solutions in San Diego.  He has many of these
drives in stock, new in factory sealed boxes.

Asking price, $200, quantity one.

Now, all I need is $200 since I have a controller and a box to put
it all in, unless tons of people call and order one and mention my
name and he is so greatful that he gives me one for free :-) !?
Oh well, next paycheck maybe.

call:	Russ Golish, Hi-Tech Computer Solutions, San Diego
	(619) 741-0492
	Cipher 525 floppy tape part number 960273-601

Jan Isley, follower of Zen, picker of nit
jan at bagend | gatech!bagend!jan | (404) 434-1335