3B1 battery replacement

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.islp.ny.us
Tue Jul 11 16:45:26 AEST 1989

In article <9282 at phoenix.Princeton.EDU> yren at phoenix.Princeton.EDU () writes:

|>	The battery in my unix-pc is dead for months. I opened the cover up
|>and found that the battery is soldered on the board. What is the proper
|>procedure to replace it? I know this must have been discussed on the net
|>quite often. Well, I didn't read those postings carefully since I thought
|>it still had several years of life ahead.
|>	Thanks in advance.

Certainly whatever you do, don't call the AT&T National Parts for this
battery.   Without my knowing, the company I work for (by day) called
and bought one of these 3V lithium batteries... Paying a meer $13.00 ;-)

Radio Shack sells them for ~$1.29 ... my suggestion is to carefully desolder
the old battery (noting polarity) and solder a 2AA battery holder in
its place.

-Lenny
--
Lenny Tropiano             ICUS Software Systems         [w] +1 (516) 589-7930
lenny at icus.islp.ny.us      Telex; 154232428 ICUS         [h] +1 (516) 968-8576