modula-2 compiler for UNIXpc

Gary S. Trujillo gst at gnosys.UUCP
Wed Jul 19 16:41:51 AEST 1989

In article <491 at manta.pha.pa.us> brant at manta.pha.pa.us (Brant Cheikes) writes:
> Is anyone looking for a modula-2 compiler for the UNIXpc?  If so, I
> think I found one, sitting in the UNIXpc archives at ksu.edu.  Right
> now it's available for anonymous FTP from linc.cis.upenn.edu in the
> pub/unixpc area.  If you grab it and find that it's worthwhile, I'd
> like to know.

The following announcement, which I suppose refers to the same version of
modula2, was posted a while back.  I snarfed the files shortly thereafter,
but have never gotten around to playing with them.

|From: harv at ksuvax1.cis.ksu.edu (Harvard Townsend)
|Newsgroups: comp.sys.att,unix-pc.general,comp.lang.modula2
|Subject: Re: Modula-2 for the Unix PC
|Date: 27 Jan 89 21:56:12 GMT
|
|In article <679 at valkyrie.UUCP> jpb at valkyrie.UUCP (Joe Block) writes:
|>
|>Has anyone ported a Modula-2 compiler to the 7300? If so, is it
|>available through ftp?
|>

|I have ported a one-pass Modula-2 compiler to the good ol' 7300.  It
|generates a COFF file that is linked with "ld", and uses the shared C
|library.  It is available for anonymous FTP from hotel.cis.ksu.edu
|(129.130.10.12) in pub/UNIX/UnixPC/mod2+IN.Z.  This is a compressed cpio
|file in installable format.  It includes binary of the compiler and source
|for the libraries.  It ends up in /usr/local and below, so that must be in
|your search path to use it.  Documentation is in /usr/local/lib/mod2/doc
|after installation.  There are a few things that still don't work right,
|but students here have been using it for 2 semesters now.  At some point,
|I intend to do more work on it, but my list of things-to-do doesn't seem to
|get any shorter!  Have fun.
|--
--
Gary S. Trujillo			      {linus,bbn,m2c}!spdcc!gnosys!gst
Somerville, Massachusetts			  {ima,stech,wjh12}!gnosys!gst