Too much cross-posting?

Vernon C. Hoxie vern at zebra.UUCP
Fri Jul 14 02:13:20 AEST 1989

In article <705 at galaxia.Newport.RI.US>, dave at galaxia.Newport.RI.US (David H. Brierley) writes:

> The readership of the unix-pc.* groups is a lot higher than the arbitron
> data suggests because there is a bug in every version of arbitron that
> I have ever seen which causes it to exclude these groups from the data.

deletion---

> By the way, just because you are a small site does not mean that Brian does
> not want you to submit arbitron data. If only the big sites submit data then
> the statistics will be incorrectly skewed in the direction of the big sites.
> The more sites of all sizes that submit arbitron data the more accurate the
> results will be.  I think we should all submit arbitron data so that the
> unix-pc groups get the recognition they deserve.

David:

I think that you have hit upon a very important point here.  I know that I
don't not run 'arbitron'.  In fact, I can't find it in my meager archive.
Do you think that Brian could repost a fixed version?  That way, major
sites with 'unix-pc.*' readers would be reporting better data. Meanwhile,
maybe you could post a 'Unix-pc' version to ah ah ah 'comp.sys.att'? :-)
( Where else can all of us get it? )

--
Vernon C. Hoxie		       {ncar,nbires,boulder,isis}!scicom!zebra!vern
3975 W. 29th Ave.					voice: 303-477-1780