Too much cross-posting?

Bob Sutterfield bob at tinman.cis.ohio-state.edu
Mon Jul 10 23:39:44 AEST 1989

In article <171 at zebra.UUCP> vern at zebra.UUCP (Vernon C. Hoxie) writes:

   I also would like to know why distribution of the unix-pc group is
   so difficult to come by.  I have been trying for the last year to
   get it here.

You're welcome to a feed of unix-pc if you're willing to call
Columbus, Ohio regularly - 1200, 2400, or TB+.  Most other unix-pc
sites are happy to offer feeds as well.  It's not that hard to come
by, you just didn't ask widely enough.

   I have been wondering about suggesting that the group names be
   changed so that it starts with 'comp.xxxx'.  Since this is already
   an entry in the '/usr/lib/news/sys' file, we could all benefit.

If you want to create new newsgroups in the standard heirarchy, you'll
need to propose them and hold a vote, as usual.  I suspect they won't
succeed, since there's already a thriving unix-pc distribution
available to everyone who wants it.  Changing distributions just to
achieve wider coverage is generally frowned upon.