hard drive

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Sun Jul 30 06:13:05 AEST 1989

[ previous reply continued; damned PORTAL mail interface ... ]

It's not that the drives weren't available over the counter and that I'd
have to wait; it's that the drives aren't available PERIOD.  They ALL
said Miniscribe isn't manufacturing drives anymore.

This P.O.'d me royally, as I *need* three 1/2 height, maximum-possible
capacity drives with an ST506/412 interface.  The Miniscribe 3085 has been
satisfying these requirements VERY nicely (and at 22 mS avg access); now I
am being forced to use lesser capacity UNLESS I can locate some other
mfr's drives.

Other people who've also been checking mail order "houses" have informed me
that Hard Times (??) (adv. in COMPUTER SHOPPER, which I don't get) is saying
the same story.

There are three of us looking for 10 drives (the Miniscribe 3085 was the
drive of choice) for the past 2 weeks, and none are to be found "all of a
sudden."

These are the sources and the extent of my knowledge in this matter.

Thad Floryan [ thad at cup.portal.com (OR)  ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]