GSS sound -- what is it?

Bill Carpenter wjc at ho5cad.ATT.COM
Sat May 6 20:07:02 AEST 1989

In article <584 at flatline.UUCP> erict at flatline.UUCP (J. Eric Townsend) writes:

> Ok... I'm digging through THE STORE catalog, and I find GSS.Sybmols,
> for use with "GSS Sound Presentations".  Anybody want to enlighten
> me about what this is?

Sound Presentations is a commercial drawing program for the UNIXpc.
As you can guess, it's based on the GSS graphics model (in other
words, it's not a bitmappy kind of thing; it's an object kind of
thing).  One of the things you can do is glue some set of drawing
primitives together and store them as a "symbol" for reuse.  SP comes
with a bunch or you can make your own.  The GSS.Symbols stuff in THE
STORE! is some person's reasonably large collection of symbols that
they made one summer.
   Bill Carpenter         att!ho5cad!wjc  or  attmail!bill