2400 baud acess to The STORE!(tm)

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Sun May 28 18:48:11 AEST 1989

Steve Wampler asks about 2400 baud connection to The STORE:

Wellll, they've apparently changed something since my last posting in this
regards (Oct/Nov 1988 or thereabouts), so the following is what is in my
/usr/lib/uucp/L.sys file for the STORE entry for a 2400 baud connection:

shop Any tty000 9600 12019574646 "" BREAK "" BREAK "" BREAK "" BREAK "" BREAK "" BREAK "" BREAK ogin:-BREAK-ogin: shop

Change the "9600" to "2400" for your system; my modem is an Ark 24K whose
serial rate I've set to 9600 baud as the highest common denominator of all the
serial stuff I've connected to a serial switcher (plotters, Votrax, etc.)

That large number of BREAK is required for 2400 baud.  Seriously.  I spent many
phone calls getting that ^%^%%^&%* to work.

I'm still running the Version 2 uucp (stock 3.51) on my system; the entry
"should" work in a Systems file for HDB3.5 but I haven't verified it yet;
you're on your own using HDB3.5 anyway (except for the support one gets here
in this newsgroup! :-)

Thad Floryan [ thad at cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]