The scoop on 3.51c (was Re: 3.51c about to be released?)

John C. Sucilla jcs at tarkus.chi.il.us
Mon May 1 18:42:06 AEST 1989

In article <687 at icus.islp.ny.us> lenny at icus.islp.ny.us (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
>You can check your clists by doing:
>
># adb /unix /dev/kmem
>cfreelist+6/d

Ok, adb tells me I have 138

>I'd be curious to know if this is happening to everyone out there (even
>those on the 3.5 release of the kernel).

Nope, no slow down n die problem over here.  And I'm basically running 3.50
funked up to 3.5.1.4 with 7 hours over one week of uptime.  Normally this
thing is up 4 or 5 weeks continuously but I moved the machine a little
last week...

># ktune -d
>nbuf 100
>ninode 400
>nfile 300
>nproc 100
>ntext 75
>nclist 150   <-- that's your maximum
>npbuf 16
>ncall 32
>nttyhog 1024

nbuf 100
ninode 400
nfile 300
nproc 100
ntext 75
nclist 150
npbuf 16
ncall 32
nttyhog 1024

Hope this helps...
--
"We do what we can, but this little guy called Fate will do what he pleases
 anyway.  All we can do is give him enough to work with and hope it goes