case of the missing library

Dave Ihnat ignatz at chinet.chi.il.us
Thu May 11 08:23:52 AEST 1989

In article <4019 at emory.mathcs.emory.edu> dfjr at mathcs.emory.edu (Dave Ford) writes:
>A friend of mine was trying to compile a version of 'script' and failed.
>The reason behind his failure was a missing library archive, libx.a.  This
>file exists neither on his 3b1 (running 3.51) nor mine (3.5), and I  was
>hoping someone could help him (us, I want the program too) with this
>frustrating situation.

This is a Xenix library; it seems to contain some funky stuff, like nap.o,
BSD-ish directory routines, etc.  Following is a list of all the objects and
the (apparent) entrypoints in this library, for Xenix System V.  I recommend
you simply leave the library out of the makefile, and see what comes up
missing; maybe, nothing, or maybe you have to modify the code, or install
the directory library package, or...well, you get the picture.

	-Dave Ihnat

Object file	Entrypoints
----------------------------
chsize.o	chsize