HFC under 3.5? How?

Steve Wampler sbw at naucse.UUCP
Thu May 25 02:39:46 AEST 1989

Does anyone know how to establish hardware flow control (HFC) under
3.5?  It's built into 3.51, but the only references to it under 3.5
is in the HDB uucp administration notes, where it states that "HFC
software under 3.5, if installed, is different than HFC under 3.51..."

Eh?  I do note that the HFC file used under 3.51 (/etc/hfc_ctl) doesn't
exit under my version of 3.5, and my RS232 hardware set up knows nothing
about HFC.  I'd rather not write my own little program to call ioctl's
to set HFC (especially since I don't know how to force HFC on tty000
at all times (even after reboots)), but if someone has done that, I'd
appreciate hearing how it works.  Again, note that under 3.51, enabling
HFC creates a daemon to (I assume) manages HFC in some way.  (The
daemon is /etc/daemons/tty000.init.)

Is there anyone out there with 3.5 whose RS232 setup asks about
HFC?  If so, how old is your version of 3.5, and did you install
any of the 3.5 fixdisks?

For that matter, does anyone know what the 3.5 fixdisks fix?  Hmm,
How much disk could a fixdisk fix if a fixdisk could fix disks?
(sorry, 3rd monday this week).
--
	Steve Wampler
	{....!arizona!naucse!sbw}