Submission for Unix-PC

gatelist at zorch.SF-Bay.ORG gatelist at zorch.SF-Bay.ORG
Wed Nov 22 16:39:26 AEST 1989

In a recent article Rick Bladek writes:
>AT & T has an excellent word processor called the "AT & T UNIX PC
>Model 7300 Word Processor" that utilizes the keys that you
>mentioned. I purchased it in 1985 for $295. It includes drivers for
>various printers and I use it with the ATT455 daisywheel letter
>quality printer and the ADEUS 2000 daisywheel printer. I say I use
>>it, but it's my wife who has her own secretarial service who really
>beats away at it on a daily basis. My wife has used various word
>processors on IBM and MAC systems and says that she has never seen a
>better one than the AT & T one.  The only problem was that it didn't
>have a spelling checker, but I wrote one that interfaces with the spell
>system in unix and it performs perfectly with it.

I am curious if this is the word processor that appears in the boarder
when you select create file from the filecabinet window?

I recall trying this quite a while ago, and I didn't think it was a
WYSIWYG  (What You See Is What You Get) word processor, so I just
de-installed it.

Also, I couldn't stand editing a file in that dumb window!  Vi also
comes up that way (in ua) if you don't have a word processor.
There should be some option that would allow you to use the entire
screen if you using the editor via the ua/filecabinet/create file setup.

Thanks for the info,
Tanya

| Tanya Katz                  (516) 231-5400 x430 |
| 	...uunet!ncrlnk!adds!tanya                |
| 	tanya.katz at adds.newyork.ncr.com           |
| ADDS Inc, 100 Marcus Blvd, Hauppauge, NY 11788  |