220Mhz vs Unix-pc

Peter Fales psfales at cbnewsc.ATT.COM
Mon Nov 27 07:51:03 AEST 1989

In article <2261 at jato.Jpl.Nasa.Gov>, lyman at jato.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Peter T Lyman) writes:
> My unix-pc does a *power-on-reset* anytime I key my 220 Mhz handheld
> unit, (in the same room).  This does not happen with a 144 Mhz radio
> nor a 440 Mhz radio.
>
> Is there any body out there with the same/simular experience?

I have had the same experience with a 144MHz handheld, though it only happens
when the radio is within about three feet of the computer.  It appeared
(though I didn't want to experiment too many times trying it out :-)  that
the power supply was shutting down while the transmitter was being
keyed.

--
Peter Fales			AT&T, Room 5B-420
N9IYJ            		2000 N. Naperville Rd.