AT&T solutions for the handicapped

John McMillan jcm at mtunb.ATT.COM
Tue Nov 28 08:56:54 AEST 1989

In article <24460 at cup.portal.com> thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
>Though the original message to which my original reply was posted appears in
>comp.sys.amiga, I thought other AT&T computer owners would appreciate seeing
>it too.

	I brought this to the attention of an AT&T Supervisor who
	uses a 3B1 with voice hardware on the side.  He said that
	the $16000 solution he put together "back then" is slightly
	out of date:

	   At another site -- his home? -- he has an AT&T 6300 [DOS] with:
		- an "Echo" card [ ~ $200 ]
			Street Electronics, Carpinteria, Calif.
		- the "Enhanced Talking PC" program [ $ 350 ]
			Computer Conversation, Alexandria, Ohio
	   He likes the cost and effectiveness of the new solution.

	By the way, he uses these systems constantly -- whether for
	E-mail, software development or text entry -- and, being blind,
	is totally dependent on the voice hardware/software and a very
	sharp mind in his computer work.

	Please forward this to the Requestor, Thad.  Apologies for
	consuming more 3B1 bandwidth on this.  ("misc.handicapped" is
	probably a better source for info than any of these other groups.)

john mcmillan	-- att!mtunb!jcm	<- for just a wee bit longer