calendar (pcal)

John Obrien x4089 obrien at kcdev.UUCP
Wed Oct 11 23:59:02 AEST 1989

INSTALLING pcal
0.) ls /etc/fixes to make sure of the pcal names (I forgot whether or
                     not they were invisible)
1.) Move /etc/fixes/pcal to /usr/bin/pcal (it may have been named .pcal)
2.) Move /etc/fixes/pcal.hlp to /usr/lib/ua/pcal.hlp
3.) Edit /usr/lib/ua/Office  adding the following lines;
     Name=Calendar        (or what ever you'd like it named)
     Default=Open
     Open = EXEC -d /usr/bin/pcal -c
     Help = EXEC -d /usr/bin/uahelp -h /usr/lib/ua/pcal.hlp -t "Calendar"

This is basically all there is to it, EXCEPT; if you have ever tried to
execute it previously from any UID except 'root'
those ID's will have gotten an invisible lock file put on them by pcal.
I forget the exact name .pcal.lock or something similar.  You won't be
able to execute calendar until you remove that lock file from any ID
you find it on.  What the purpose of it was I have no idea, to frustrate
I guess.  Also remove the /etc/fixes files when you have successfully
tested Calendar.  Yes in answer to an inquiry, the alarm does work.
Several inquiries were received about pcal(and one about 'reminders'), so
here it is folks.