Nice work on the socket code!!

Alex S. Crain alex at umbc5.umbc.edu
Thu Oct 12 00:21:52 AEST 1989

> The select(2) call that the driver runs is not detecting the connection
> requested by the client program, therefore it never calls accept(2).
> According to a man page I checked on a BSD system (accept(2), specifically),
> select is supposed to set a flag in the read bitmask if there is a
> connection pending.  Currently it doesn't look like this functionality
> is provided in the 1.2 version of select.

	This sounds like my mistake. I remember Brad telling me
that he had fixed this, which means that I'm one version behind
in the distribution. My apologies to those folks who believed me
when I said that I had it together :-).

	Brad: could you please send your latest version of the
code, or the diffs to what ever I have (my code includes select
without the read bitmask stuff)

	To those folks waiting for me to mail the code:  I'll
mail it as soon as I get the latest version.

	To those folks with anonymous ftp access: I'll post
when my archive is up to date.

#Disclamer: Anyone who agrees   #    University of Maryland Baltimore County
#with me deserves what they get.#	alex at umbc3.umbc.edu