.5 + .5 + .5 + 1.5 = 2.0 ?

Steve Simmons scs at itivax.iti.org
Thu Oct 19 13:52:02 AEST 1989

I recently added a combo card with 1.5MB to lokkur, which already
had .5 on the motherboard and 2 .5MB expansion cards.  Instead of
getting 3.0MB, there's only 2.0.  Skipping the gruesome details,
I've tried everything I can think of -- change slots, changing
jumpers on the combo, you name it.  And yes, the combo card does
work correctly -- take out the two .5MB expansion cards, and the
combo alone provides a full 1.5MB expansion.  Three questions:

First, why does one of the three jumpers on the combo card seem to
be ignored?

Second, there appear to be no jumpers whatsoever on the .5MB cards.
Is this correct?

Third, does anybody out there have a working configuration like the
one I'm trying for?