Lisp interpreter(s) for the Unix-pc (summary of replies)

Scott Craig scott at primes.UUCP
Sat Oct 7 14:16:04 AEST 1989

  I recently posted a message asking about the existence of a Lisp
interpreter for the Unix PC (article <326 at primes.UUCP). I am glad
to announce I received e-mail informing me that there are a few Lisp
interpreters out there that will work.

  Before showing the results I'd like to thank the following people for
their replies regarding this subject:

	lgm at ihlpf.att.com		Lawrence G. Mayka
	attctc!kcdev!obrien		John Obrien
	att!cbnewsc!guy			Guy R. Berentsen
	wagner at umn-cs.cs.umn.edu	Paul Wagner
	canoaf at dept.csci.unt.edu	Augustine Cano

  If I missed anyone I haven't yet received your mail yet.
The replies came in on 10/1/89 and 10/2/89.

OK, here's what the above people informed me about:

	(Austin) Kyoto Common Lisp  (AKCL/KCL)
		ported to the Unix-PC by Alex Crain
		("a *real* Common Lisp")

	x-lisp v.2.0
		This should be around many archives from what I hear

	Eclipse
		It was once available on "The Store" to AT&T employees.
		I'm not aware of what the rules are for anyone to get
		this, or exactly where to find it now.

  Paul Wagner stated that he heard Xlisp described as being 75% of
Common Lisp, but seems like most of the generally used features are
there.

  If anyone knows of any other Lisp interpreter that works on the Unix-pc
please let me know. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to see that the
above 3 interpreters are available. I tried stalling this post in case of
any late e-mail that may not have made it to me until a weekend, but
I believe all replies have made it through.

Scott Craig
scott at primes.UUCP