Submission for Unix-PC

Mark Horn horn at rt20.cs.wisc.edu
Mon Oct 30 18:05:07 AEST 1989

In article <8910291600.AA13701 at batman.hut.fi> hsu at batman.hut.fi writes:
>                                            would like to buy latest
>version of the operating system, including compiler and possibly dwb.

What is "dwb"?  In the context it sounds like a debugger.  I'm looking
for a debugger better than "sdb" and easier to get running on a 3b1 than
"gdb".  Incidentally, for those of you who've done it, how is gdb?  I've only
used sdb and dbx for debugging.  dbx is light-years better than sdb.

Actually, anyone that's gotten gdb to work properly, could you tell me what
it was that you did?  Or possibly where I could get the binaries?  Is there
anything that I HAVE TO HAVE in order to run "gdb" as a binary?  That's what's
holding me back from compiling it myself--the amount of things that I'll
very likely never use that I have to get in order to get gdb (i.e. bison).

Thanks, (in advance)
- sparkie
--
p.s.	Please reply to one of the following addresses and NOT the one
	listed above.  Thanks!
ARPA:	harier!sparkie at cs.wisc.edu
UUCP:	...{harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!harier!sparkie