Laser Printer on 3B1

Steven A. Conrad sac at conrad.UUCP
Sun Oct 22 05:47:09 AEST 1989

In article <332 at denwa.uucp> denwa!jimmy at anes.ucla.edu (Jim Gottlieb) writes:
>Just wondering if anyone has any positive or negative comments wrt
>using a Laser Printer on a 3B1.  As far as I know, Smart is the only
>(I'm not counting the troff packages available.  Troff would be a bit
>much for the office personnel.)

I beg to differ.  Our office staff (secretaries, administrative assistants,
and faculty) have been using troff for years, including grap, pic, etc.
They have no complaints, and like the ability to easily interface to
data generated by other programs.

My 10 year old son uses troff to type his book reports, with the -mm
macro package.  Took about 15 minutes of instruction to get him
going with the basics.  (He likes emacs for entering text, too).

All it takes is for your office personnel to have just a *little*
bit of incentive.  Give them a little bit of credit.

--
Steven A. Conrad,  Department of Medicine (Critical Care)
Louisiana State University Medical Center, Shreveport, LA
UUCP: sac at conrad.UUCP,   Internet: conrad at manta.pha.pa.us
"I think there is a world market for about five computers" TJ Watson Jr, 1943