SysVR3 port for UNIX PC

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.islp.ny.us
Thu Oct 19 14:08:48 AEST 1989

In article <2917 at umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU> rhealey at ub.d.umn.edu (Rob Healey) writes:

|>	Anybody know if the SysVR3 port for the UNIX PC that was
|>	"let out of the bag" at a recent USENIX BOF, is getting anywhere?
|>	The rumor had it that some company was actually planning the port
|>	and was starting it RSN. Anybody know if it's actually happening?

At this current time, I believe were at a stand-still.  To make the
SVR3 port worthwhile, one would need to keep compatibility with the rest
of the UNIX pc-specific operating system features. (ie. loadable device
drivers, the device drivers themselves, etc...)  AT&T doesn't make it
easy for one to get an operating system source, but we're still working
at it.   As soon as any details arise, the net will know when the project
gets in full swing, we'll definately need volunteers to help ;-)

The company that you refer too, is actually a small organization/company.
So at the current time, were still waiting for AT&T ... (what else is new!)

-Lenny
--
| Lenny Tropiano            ICUS Software Systems      [w] +1 (516) 589-7930 |
| lenny at icus.islp.ny.us     Telex; 154232428 ICUS      [h] +1 (516) 968-8576 |