problem with WD2010 on UNIXPC

Clarence Dold dold at mitisft.Convergent.COM
Fri Oct 20 09:29:02 AEST 1989

in article <6216 at b11.ingr.com>, elliott at b11.ingr.com (Jeff Elliott) says:

> reporting write data errors for 60-70% of all sectors.   I stopped the test
> after about 10 cylinders, removed the sectors from the bad block table (by the
> way, is there a *easy* way to do this???), powered down and reseated the

Try:
iv -d /dev/rfp000 >d0
vi d0, changing "badblocktable	1" to "badblocktable	1	empty"
and deleting all of the unwanted bad spots.  Then
iv -uv /dev/rfp000 d0
should do it for you.

This assumes that there was no data that you wanted mapped to any of those
bad blocks, either eliminated or remaining.  They're all gone.

--
---
Clarence A Dold - dold at tsmiti.Convergent.COM		(408) 434-5293