Installation of CNews on 3B1 (LONG)

Mark Lawrence mark at DRD.Com
Sat Feb 24 01:54:12 AEST 1990

rmr at cci632.UUCP (Ralph Russo) wrote:
} CNews on 3B1:
}
} I successfully installed CNews on 3B1 about 4 weeks ago.  It's running
} now with no problems...

I also have been working on installing.  My installation isn't complete
so Ralph's comments here are valuable.  I'll highlight some issues I ran
up against.

} What group id should be used for news files [news]? mail
I created a group called news and made news a member of it

} [...]
} Do you want to use our fast stdio library [yes]? no

I tried saying yes to this and the tests that consequently ran to check
it out failed, so you can't use the fast stdio supplied with cnews.

} [...]
} Which one is most appropriate [hdb]? null
I left it at hdb.  Why null?

Thanks for the good input, Ralph.  I'll make a further report when
'tulsix' is up and running.
--
 mark at DRD.Com {uunet,rutgers}!drd!mark (918)743-3013