No more 3B1 power supplies at Halted Specialties

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Sun Feb 11 20:55:34 AEST 1990

Sigh.  No more 3B1 power supplies are to be found in ANY surplus store in
Silicon Valley; all places from San Jose to Cupertino to Milpitas, Fremont
and up to Oakland were checked (other people were looking, too, per reports
I received by e-mail).

However, we (the AT&T Users' Group secretary and I) did find the following
items at Computer Surplus Solutions (also known as "Weird Stuff Warehouse"):

1)  UNIXPC Foundation Set Version 3.51, brand new with original shrink wrap,
    manuals, etc.   Price sticker was $225.   One (1) copy only (located in
    the front counter display case).

2)  Mouse balls for UNIXPC mouse.  These are NOT your everyday "standard"
    Logitech balls ... these are specially weighted (much, MUCH heavier than
    standard mouse balls) and are the ONLY ones that work properly in the
    UNIXPC mouse.  $1 each.  Located in a counter-top display case near the
    front of the store.   Finally, at last, my eunuched UNIXPC mouse is
    "whole" again!  :-)

3)  Motorola 6300 system, complete with RS-422 display terminal.  $1,400.
    This machine is object-code-compatible with the AT&T UNIXPC and the
    Convergent Safari 4 and MiniFrame series.

4)  a few UNIXPC keyboards with cosmetic flaws.  $20 each.  No mice and no
    cords.

That place is incredible; 150,000 square feet of floor space, with 40' high
ceilings.  They also had some LARGE AT&T monitors but I have no idea what
model numbers.  If you want to call or visit them:

	Weird Stuff Warehouse		(next to Atari Games)
	715 Sycamore Drive
	Milpitas, CA  95035		408/434-0168

The DeAnza College (Cupertino) computer flea market had a few vendors with
some misc.  UNIXPC software (dBASE III, Supercomp, etc.) for around $75 each,
but the flea market was closing as we got there and didn't have time to check
it out completely; perhaps next month (2nd Saturday every month in the Student
Lounge).

Thad Floryan [ thad at cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]