99-pin connector buy begins!

Steve Barber steveb at shade.UUCP
Wed Feb 21 15:38:38 AEST 1990

Apologies to those who've already seen this, but I neglected to post
it to comp.sys.att last time, and anyway there was a typo in the
first version.

Fred Linton is also working on an alternate (cheaper) source of these
connectors, and if that goes through before the March 12 deadline,
I will assume you all want to save some money, and go ahead with the
cheaper parts, sending out refund checks.  But don't hold your breath.

In article <1519 at shade.UUCP> I write:
>      One last thing.  I will be home for "spring" break from Feb. 23
> through May 4....

That was wishful thinking....  Actually I'll only be on break until
_March_ 4.

Here's the body of the text again, for those in comp.sys.att who missed it:

     This message is being mailed out to all the people who are
on the 99-pin connector group buy list, and is also being posted
to the net in case of mail problems.

     The 99-pin buy is underway!

     I currently have 37 people on my list who have told me they
will buy a total of 53 connectors, which easily meets the minimum
order of 20 connectors.  I am now ready to begin collecting checks.

     Due to my financial situation (what finances??), I cannot
afford to be the trusting soul I would really like to be.  I will
have to collect all the checks first and will only make the order
for the checks I receive.  This brings up several issues:

   - If you haven't previously signed up for the buy, you may still
     do so by sending me e-mail and making sure to get a check to
     me before the deadline.

   - If my cost estimates are off, either I'll have to eat the price
     difference out of my own pocket (if I underestimate), or else
     I'll call any extra a "tip" for putting all the time and effort
     into this.  I am not into this to make money though, and I don't
     expect any errors greater than $1.  If anyone has any problems
     with this, feel free to send me mail and we can work something
     out to your satisfaction.  I don't want your money, I just want
     to expedite matters.

    Here's the scoop:

PRICING:	Including shipping, packaging, etc., I'm asking $22
		for the first connector, and $20 for each additional.
		I will ship the parts as effectively as I can with
		the money remaining after buying the parts.

		NOTE: I have one order from Germany.  For foreign orders,
		I need to ask that the payment be made in U.S. currency
		and that an additional $3 be added for shipping, making
		the cost of the first part $25 for foreign orders.

PAYMENT:	Checks should be made out to me:  Stephen W. Barber.
		They should be mailed to:

		Steve Barber
		910 Second St.  Apt. C
		Ripley, MI   49930
		(906) 482-0163

		I will not cash your checks until I need to make the
		payment.

		Please send me e-mail when you send your check so that
		I can keep my eye out for it.  I will send e-mail
		acknowledgements upon receipt.

		In the envelope with your check, please include your
		mailing address and phone number so I'll have them.

DEADLINE:	I will make the order final on Monday, March 12, three
		weeks from today.

     I apologize for being slow getting this information out.  I am a
college student, and this is the end of winter term for me.  With the
added confusion of a funeral in my girlfriend's family and relatives
staying here for most of a week, life has been hectic.

     If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to send mail
or call me at (906) 482-0163.

     One last thing.  I will be home for "spring" break from Feb. 23
through March 4.  If you must contact me during this time, I will be at
(313) 665-0884.  It's possible my machine will crash while I'm gone
(last time it crashed less than 24 hours after I left... *sigh*) in which
case mail may expire and bounce back to you... just try again in a few
days.  (Maybe I'll take shade home with me, which would solve all problems;
all my UUCP connections would still be intact.)

     Thanks to all for helping me get these connectors, and special
thanks to Merv Graham for helping out with the AMP communication.

			-Steve
--
--**-Steve Barber----steveb at shade.Ann-Arbor.MI.US----(cmode)-------------------