MAINTAINING LOG FILES - *PROGRAM WANTED! !*

Mike Levin mml at magnus.UUCP
Sun May 22 05:50:15 AEST 1988

I have log files for various systems-- news, mail, system, local stuff, etc.
They all grow to ridiculous proportions until somebody remembers to go in and
trim them.  For mail, I have chron take various log files on a daily basis,
move them to other files, and eventually delete the files.  This is a PAIN! !
Does *ANYBODY* know of a program that, using some reasonable algorithm, can
be run by chron whenever, and will trim these files???  ANY HELP WOULD BE
SINCERELY APPRECIATED.
--
+---+  P L E A S E    R E S P O N D   T O: +---+  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *