Eliminating Modem Errors...A Hint

Karl Swartz kls at ditka.UUCP
Mon Nov 7 18:25:41 AEST 1988

In article <414 at flatline.UUCP> erict at flatline.UUCP (j eric townsend) writes:
>You don't even have to go to su.  Just use this handy little script:
># remst -- deletes status files and does something about MAXCALLS

Removing *all* status files is rather severe overkill, sort of like
'rm -rf /' because you are running low on disk space.  All you need
is the one for the system that's giving problems.  Also, HDB doesn't
seem to have a MAXCALLS feature.  Instead, it gradually increases
the time before the next retry is made, but never seems to give up
entirely.

--
Karl Swartz		|UUCP	{ames!hc!rt1,uunet!dasys1}!ditka!kls
1-505/667-7777 (work)	|ARPA	rt1!ditka!kls at hc.dspo.gov
1-505/672-3113 (home)	|BIX	kswartz
"I never let my schooling get in the way of my education."  (Twain)