Watching a Dialin User

Pete Holsberg pjh at mccc.UUCP
Fri Oct 14 04:39:58 AEST 1988

In article <114 at pbhacker.UUCP> tlh at pbhacker.UUCP (PUT YOUR NAME HERE) writes:
...In article <312 at mccc.UUCP> pjh at mccc.UUCP (Pete Holsberg) writes:
...>Is there a way for a system administrator to "watch" what a dial-in user is
...>doing?  I.e., via a program that sends everything going in and out that
...>port to the sysadm's screen?
...Easy.  You just install the psuedo-device driver posted a while back,
...and exec "session" from /etc/profile for anyone who is coming in on
...a dial-up line.  I've had mine set up that way for months now.
...Lee Hounshell

Thanks, Lee.  What pseudo-device driver?  I must have missed it.  Can
you mail it or may I send you a disk to copy it to?  Thanks

--
Pete Holsberg                   UUCP: {...!rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Mercer College			CompuServe: 70240,334