How do you check if ph0 is set to DATA?

Greg Comeau comeau at utoday.UUCP
Wed Sep 20 05:41:56 AEST 1989

In article <512 at cals01.NEWPORT.RI.US> cals at cals01.Newport.RI.US (Charles A. Sefranek) writes:
>In article <4185 at ditka.UUCP> kls at ditka.UUCP (Karl Swartz) writes:
>>I was under the (possibly misguided) impression that due to
>>software bugs ph0 didn't work very well as a data line.
>
>Yup, you're misguided. I *only* use ph0, mostly as a DATA line.

Care to elaborate on that?  I was tol many years ago by several AT&T
people (I know that may not mean anything) that the ph0 harware was
a bit freaky and that I should always use ph1.  At the time I was only
using the box to dial out and had numerous various problems.  I've never
changed that set up and to this day (some 4-5 years) have never had
another phone problem again.